Garage Door Buying Tips
When buying garage doors, consider:
1. Garage door size: There are garage doors available for almost any size opening. We can measure and find the right garage door your needs.
2. Garage door style and composition: (Steel, Wood, Vinyl, Aluminum, Composite, Fiberglass). Your garage door needs to compliment the rest of your house design – you can choose panel design for steel doors (flush, long and short raised, ribbed, elongated, painted, carriage panels), wood doors (several species, paint or stain grade), and steel door construction (single, double or triple layers), depending on your budget. Window options include tempered glass, clear Lexan (flexible glass), Solar Bronze (with UV protection) or insulated glass.
3. Garage Door function: Depending on the use of your garage door, you might need good insulating qualities to maintain comfortable temperature or weather seals between the sections or bottom seal to keep wind and rain out.
4. Garage Door Openers.
5. Counterbalance Spring Mechanisms. (Extension vs. Torsion)
6. Security & Safety Issues. (Emergency Disconnect, etc.)
7. Warranties & Maintenance. Lifetime warranties on the door, hardware, and labor are available and should be a consideration when purchasing a garage door.
We understand that it’s very hard to make a decision alone with so much information to consider. If you need assistance deciding the size, style , construction, or pricing of the garage door you need, please don’t hesitate to call or e-mail us with any questions.